Health and safety

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

To meet the student visa requirements and eligibility for OSHC the Australian Government requires that you have continuous OSHC for the entire length of your stay in Australia. When you purchase OSHC, you’ll need to pay your policy premium upfront to cover you for the length of your student visa.

Singles –  covering only the overseas student who is the primary Student Visa holder*

Dual family – covering the overseas student, and either:

  • One adult spouse or de facto partner
  • One or more children under the age of 18 years old

Multi-family – covering the overseas student and more than one dependant, which can include:

  • Only one adult spouse or de facto partner
  • One or more dependent children

*Important note: if you hold a secondary student visa, you must be insured under the same policy as the primary student visa holder.  You are only eligible to hold a single OSHC policy if you are the primary visa holder.

As an international student, you are required to maintain adequate health insurance for the entire duration of your stay in Australia unless an exception applies. Overseas students who don’t maintain adequate health insurance are at risk of having their visa cancelled.

Allianz Care Australia may provide the Department of Home Affairs with the name and contact details of any member who has cancelled his or her Policy or whose premium is refunded.


Buy OSHC Logo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *