If you are insured with Allianz Global Assistance you are able to apply for a refund of the unexpired portion of your policy if:
- you paid for OSHC but did not commence your studies in Australia
- your student visa was not extended or was cancelled
- you have to cease studies and leave Australia before the end of a period of approved stay, for reasons beyond your control
- you have been granted permanent resident status in Australia
- you were not a resident in Australia for a continuous period of three months or more whilst holding a valid Student Visa
- you provide proof of OSHC with another provider
To apply for a refund you must complete the Allianz OSHC refund form. Allianz will not refund premiums for periods of less than 1 month.
If you are not insured with Allianz, you need to contact your OSHC provider directly for details of their refund policy and process. The Department of Health provides a list of all insurers who offer OSHC.