Attendance on campus is strictly limited to permitted workers and exempt students; face masks must be worn at all times. If unwell, get tested and do not come to campus.
View our latest COVID-19 updates.
International students on a student visa must have health cover for the length of their visa while studying in Australia. The Monash-preferred OSHC provider is Allianz Global Assistance and the benefits of this policy are:
- Sonder safety app with access to a 24/7 safety and support service
- on-campus Allianz support staff
- holiday credits added to your cover
- waived waiting periods for pre-existing mental health or pregnancy-related claims.
International students who are not on a student visa are strongly encouraged to purchase personal health cover for their time in Australia. Further details about health cover options are available from Allianz Global Assistance for overseas visitors.
The Department of Health also has information about health cover for students and visitors.
As a Monash student, you also have access to all the health services the University provides.
Sonder safety app
As part of Allianz Global Assistance you will get on-demand safety and wellbeing with the Sonder safety app including:
- Swipe access to 24/7 support
- Check on me for peace of mind
- Track my journey for when you’re travelling alone
- Safety alerts for large-scale public events.
Extras cover for ancillary services (optional)
The standard OSHC policy doesn’t cover you for ancillary type medical services. To upgrade your cover, you can buy OSHC Extras cover for some common health services like dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic and osteopathic.
For detailed information about OSHC Extras or to join:
- visit the product information page
- or call 1800 808 700.
Once you’ve purchased your Allianz OSHC policy